Exchanger Tube Inspection
Axis Inspection Ltd. provides complete Head Exchanger inspection solutions for various tube materials using the following methods:
- Eddy Current Testing (ET) – for non-ferromagnetic tubes.
- Internal Rotary Inspection Systems (IRIS) – any material, accurate wall thickness measurements.
- Magnetic Flux Leakage Testing (MFLT) – for ferromagnetic and Finfan cooler tubes.
- Remote Field Eddy Current Testing (RFT) – for ferromagnetic tubes.
- Saturated Eddy Current Testing (ET) – for ferrous tubes.
MFL Tank Bottom Floor Testing
Axis Inspection Ltd. offers you a quick and reliable inspection service by combining two techniques; Magnetic Flux Leakage (MFL) and Ultrasonic Testing. By using these two techniques the corrosion on the tank bottom floor can be detected and those corroded areas can be repaired as per API 653.
Axis Inspection Ltd. also uses TesTex Falcon S series Saturated Low Frequency Eddy Current testing technique which has the ability to differentiate both top and bottom side flaws, even through coatings.
Guided Wave Ultrasonic Testing
Axis Inspection Ltd. offers Guided Wave Ultrasonic Testing (GWUT) using the Teletest Focus pipe inspection system. We can inspection above and underground pipelines from a single sensor position.
In general up to 60 meters can be tested from each position saving time and reducing costs.
Acoustic Emission Testing
Axis Inspection Ltd. provides Acoustic Emission Testing to inspect storage tanks, spheres, etc.
Acoustic Emission (AE) tank inspection services are undertaken while the tank remains in service and offers the client the following economic benefits:
- Minimal pre-inspection tank preparation.
- Tanks that are not structurally deficient remain in services.
- Structurally deficient tanks are ranked in terms of damage and prioritized for maintenance.
- Leaks are detected early, minimizing environmental damage.
- Simultaneous floor and annular ring inspection.
- Large tanks are completed in one day.
- Early detection of fatigue cracks in tank shell plate and welds.
Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD)
Axis Inspection Ltd. provides ultrasonic ToFD services to inspect welds of process vessels and piping. ToFD is a reliable and quickly advancing ultrasonic technique with good sizing capabilities and higher inspection speed.
Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing
Axis Inspection Ltd. provides ultrasonic phased array testing to inspect welds of process equipment, piping and structures. Ultrasonic phased arrays offer very reliable detection and sizing capabilities along with a permanent record of ultrasonic inspection.
Corrosion Mapping RMS Scanner
Axis Inspection Ltd. provides corrosion mapping for plant piping and equipments.
We utilize a high speed remote access corrosion mapping system (RMS Scanner) which does not require scaffolding to perform corrosion mapping on storage tanks, equipment and piping.
The resolution can be set to 2×2, 5×5 or 10×10 mm. The system is capable to inspection from 4″ diameter to flat surfaces.
Annular Plate Ultrasonic Tank Scan
Short Range Ultrasound (SRUT) inspection of the outer tank bottom annular ring plates provides a testing method that is sensitive to top and underside deterioration. It can access critical locations on the tank bottom annular plates while the tank is in service.
Remote Videoscopy Inspection
Axis Inspection Ltd. provides Remote Videoscopy Inspection services for visual inspection of limited access areas such as heat exchanges, pressure vessels and piping.